Official Journal of the Society of Hospital Medicine
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Hospital Medicine is the premier publication for dissemination of research and education for the specialty of hospital medicine.
The Journal of Hospital Medicine advances excellence in hospital medicine as a defined specialty through the dissemination of research, evidence-based clinical care, and advocacy of safe, effective care for hospitalized patients.
Promote research and education in hospital medicine through publication of original, peer-reviewed research articles and systematic reviews on topics relevant to hospital medicine.
Promote high quality care for all hospitalized patients with an emphasis on patient safety.
Promote teamwork and communication among all health care providers in hospitals to achieve optimal care for hospitalized patients.
Define the competencies, activities, and needs of hospitalists.
Support, propose, and promote changes to the health care system that lead to higher quality and more efficient care for all hospitalized patients.
Foster debate on issues relevant to care of the hospitalized patient and engage health policy makers in promoting evidence-based best practices in hospital care.
Anticipate important issues and trends in hospital care.
Provide career path information intended to attract and retain the highest quality hospitalists.
Produce a publication that is trustworthy, judicious, and intellectually stimulating.
Uphold the highest standards of editorial integrity and ethical medical journalism.
Provide continuing medical education in hospital medicine.
hospital medicine, internal medicine, critical care, clinical care, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonology, infectious disease, hospital care
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Global Health (CABI)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Helminthological Abstracts (CABI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Mycology (CABI)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)